Housing & Dining

Housing & Dining


On-campus Accommodation

The Zijing International Student Apartments of Tsinghua University provide three types of dormitory rooms to the international students: single room (private bedroom and bathroom), RMB 80/day; AB room (private bedroom, shared bathroom), RMB 80/day/person; double room (two beds in one room, shared bathroom on each floor), RMB 40/day/person. Included in each room are bedclothes, air-conditioner , Internet access and furniture.

The apartments have a capacity of accommodating around 2000 international students, i.e, about 60% of the total studying at Tsinghua. For more details of the apartments, please visit Zijing International Student Apartments.

The General Service Desk of Zijing International Student Apartments is in Zijing Apartment Building No. 19. It serves from 7:00 am to 23:00 pm. The service phone number: +86-10-5153 5500/+86-10-5153 5501; Email: gaopei@tsinghua.edu.cn.

Because the number of on-campus apartment rooms is limited and can not meet the demands of all students to live on campus, the new students who have received the Admission Notice of Tsinghua University need to book the rooms in advance, following the date, time and procedure specified in the Instructions of International Students Dormitory Application System of Tsinghua University which is sent out by ISO to you together with the admission materials package. The website of the booking system is http://reser.myhome.tsinghua.edu.cn/

Before online booking, please prepare a bank card (Visa, MasterCard, or China UnionPay) that is enabled to support online payment for one semester's accommodation of a successful booking.

When you check in at the General Service Desk, please show your Admission Notice and passport. You may need to pay RMB 200 as deposit. Bank card, cash, and mobile payment are all accepted at the reception. The General Service Desk also provides Temporary Residence registration business. Please keep it along with your passport. It is required for your application of new visa, visa extension, additional entry or residence permit.

According to the law and the relevant policy, the Zijing International Student Apartments are only able to host foreign students who are registered in Tsinghua University. Neither the relatives or friends of students nor other persons are allowed to live in the apartments. Students living in the Apartments should comply with the administrative regulations. For instance, lighting fire, including using candles is strictly prohibited in the rooms; students are not allowed to host other people overnight in the rooms.

Off-campus Accommodation

If you do not successfully book a room in the on-campus apartments, you need to arrange off-campus accommodation also in advance. We are sorry that currently the University is not able to officially recommend off-campus housing information and housing agencies for your off-campus accommodation.

When you live off campus, never forget to get a Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued by the local police station of your accommodation. Within 24 hours after you move in, please bring your passport and go to the local police station together with your landloard (or other authorized agency).

The Registration Form of Temporary Residence is another important certificate for your legal stay in China, aside from your passport and visa. Please keep it along with your passport. It is required for your application of new visa, visa extension, additional entry or residence permit.

Therefore, a special reminder is that before you sign for the contract or pay for the rental, do confirm that the owner of the apartment/house property is able to process the accommodation registration for you. Otherwise you will get into trouble of illegal stay. Moreover, you need to renew your Registration Form of Temporary Residence if you have moved to another place, changed your passport or renewed your visa.


Tsinghua student dining halls are famous for their good service and reasonable price among the universities in Beijing. There are more than 10 student dining halls on campus, providing a variety of dishes including Muslim and Western food. Close to the Zijing International Student Apartments are the Zhilanyuan, Zijingyuan, Taoliyuan, and Yushuyuan dining halls. In addition, there are several fast food restaurants and Cafe on campus, where you may meet many international students.

Dining Halls & Café Open Hours

Guanchouyuan Dining Hall


Taoliyuan Dining Hall



Zijingyuan Dining Hall

1st floor:
2nd,3rd and 4th floor:

Qingfenyuan Dining Hall
Tingtaoyuan DiningHall
Dingxiangyuan Dining Hall


Yushuyuan Dining Hall


Zhilanyuan Dining Hall
(Buffet served on the 2nd floor)
芝兰园 (二楼供应自助餐)


Qingqing Kuaican
(Similar to McDonalds and KFC but at lower prices)
(On the 2nd floor of Wenxinyuan Dining Hall)
清青快餐 (闻馨园二层)


Qingqing Pizza
(On the basement of Zhijingyuan Dining Hall)
清青比萨 (紫荆园地下一层)
Qingqing Yonghe
(On the 1st floor of Guanchouyuan Dining Hall)
清青永和 (观畴园一层)


Muslim Canteen
(West of Guanchouyuan Dining Hall)
清真餐厅 (观畴园西侧)


Qingqing Xiuxian Canteen
(On the basement of Taoliyuan Dining Hall)
清青休闲餐厅 (桃李园地下一层)


Qingqing Mianba


Happy Four Bakery
(The basement of the Humanities and Social Sciences Library)
快乐事烘培坊 (人文社科图书馆地下一层)


Campus Jazz Coffee
(On the first floor of Guanchouyuan Dining Hall)


SPR Coffee
(on the 1st floor of Shunde Building, SEM)


Qingqing Times Cafe;
(Near the Guanchouyuan Dining Hall)
清青时代咖啡厅 (观畴园附近)


Paradiso Coffee
(1st floor of Zijing Apartment No.21;
1st floor of Weilun Building, SEM)


How to get a dining card

The degree-program students, including the undergraduate students and graduate students, shall apply for a student IC card which can be used as the dining card.

The non-degree-program students, including the visiting students, exchange students and the Chinese language program students, shall apply for an ordinary dining card at the Student Dining Service Center located in student dormitory building No.15, with admission notice, student ID card (the paper card) or a certificate issued by International Students Office (ISO).

How to recharge your dining card

As to the degree-program students, including the undergraduate students and graduate students, there is no money in their student IC cards when they first get it. So the students can make use of the recharging machines set up in the campus to transfer the money from the debt card of the Bank of China that has been connected to the IC card. The recharging machines are located around Taoliyuan Dining Hall, Zijingyuan Dining Hall, Guanchouyuan Dining Hall, teaching building No. 6 as well as the Student Service Center (Zijing Building C), etc.

As to the non-degree program students, including the visiting students, exchange students and the Chinese language program students, they can recharge the ordinary dining card with RMB cash in the following places: Zijingyuan Dining Hall, Taoliyuan Dining Hall, Guanchouyuan Dining Hall, and the Student Dining Service Center (located in student dormitory building No. 15). According to the university’s regulation, the non-degree students using an ordinary dining card should be subject to 15% management fee. For example, if you recharge RMB 100 in cash in your dining card, you can only use RMB 85 actually.

If you don't have a dining card

You can use cash on the 3rd floors of Taoliyuan and Guanchouyuan Dining Halls, the 2nd floor of Zhilanyuan Dining Hall, Yushuyuan Dining Hall, Qingqing Kuaican (Hamburger), Qingqing Pizza, Qingqing Yonghe, Qingqing Xiuxian Canteen, Happy Four Bakery, Qingqing Times Cafe, and SPR Coffee, etc.

Off-campus Restaurants

Outside the east gate (actually the main gate) of the campus there are McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Subway, and Yoshinoya, etc., as well as a variety of Chinese restaurants.

©2020 Tsinghua University. All Rights Reserved


京公网安备 110402430053 号

  • 010-62793001

  • webmaster@tsinghua.edu.cn